Publication 2019 DECEMBER VOL 1 Issue 1
Avigyan Sinha, Aneesh R P
Abstract - — An important role is played by human emotion recognition in the interpersonal relationships. Emotion is what separates us from other living beings. Its classification is essential for human computer interaction. In this paper, deep learning (similar to VGG-Net) is used to recognise human emotions through facial expressions. Here, in order to experiment with and train a deep convolutional network, the Kaggle’s FER2013 dataset has been used. This work has been successfully implemented in real time system. .
- Duncan, Dan, Gautam Shine, and Chris English. "Facial emotion recognition in real time." Stanford University (2016).
- J. D. Bodapati and N. Veeranjaneyulu, "Facial Emotion Recognition Using Deep Cnn Based Features", 2019 International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), Volume-8, Issue-7, pp. 1928-1931.
- S. Miao, H. Xu, Z. Han and Y. Zhu, "Recognizing Facial Expressions Using a Shallow Convolutional Neural Network," in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 78000-78011, 2019.
- Minaee, S., and A. Abdolrashidi. "Deep-emotion: Facial expression recognition using attentional convolutional network. arXiv 2019." arXiv preprint arXiv: 1902.01019.
- Revina, I.M., Emmanuel, W.R.S. A Survey on Human Face Expression Recognition Techniques. Journal of King Saud University Computer and Information Sciences (2018)
- Hashim Abdulsalam, Wisal & Salam, Mohammed & Al-hamdani, Dr. (2019). Facial Emotion Recognition from Videos Using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks. 9. 14-19.
- Chuanhe Liu, Tianhao Tang, Kui Lv, and Minghao Wang. 2018. Multi-Feature Based Emotion Recognition for Video Clips. In Proceedings of the 20th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 630-634.
- B. C. Ko, A Brief Review of Facial Emotion Recognition Based on Visual Information. Sensors (2018), 18, 401.
- A. Mollahosseini, D. Chan and M. H. Mahoor, "Going deeper in facial expression recognition using deep neural networks," 2016 IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Lake Placid, NY, 2016, pp. 1-10.
- L. Xu, M. Fei, W. Zhou and A. Yang, "Face Expression Recognition Based on Convolutional Neural Network*," 2018 Australian & New Zealand Control Conference (ANZCC), Melbourne, VIC, 2018, pp. 115-118.
- Minh-An Quinn, Grant Sivesind, Guilherme Reis, "Real-time Emotion Recognition From Facial Expressions", 2017, CS229 Stanford University.
- H. Jun, L. Shuai, S. Jinming, L. Yue, W. Jingwei and J. Peng, "Facial Expression Recognition Based on VGGNet Convolutional Neural Network," 2018 Chinese Automation Congress (CAC), Xi'an, China, 2018, pp. 4146-4151.
- R. Pathar, A. Adivarekar, A. Mishra and A. Deshmukh, "Human Emotion Recognition using Convolutional Neural Network in Real Time," 2019 1st International Conference on Innovations in Information and Communication Technology (ICIICT), CHENNAI, India, 2019, pp. 1-7.
- A. M. Ousmane, T. Djara, F. J. Zoumarou W. and A. Vianou, "Automatic recognition system of emotions expressed through the face using machine learning: Application to police interrogation simulation," 2019 3rd International Conference on Bio-engineering for Smart Technologies (BioSMART), Paris, France, 2019, pp. 1-4.
- M. I. U. Haque and D. Valles, "A Facial Expression Recognition Approach Using DCNN for Autistic Children to Identify Emotions," 2018 IEEE 9th Annual Information Technology, Electronics and Mobile Communication Conference (IEMCON), Vancouver, BC, 2018, pp. 546-551.
- Goodfellow, Ian J., et al. "Challenges in representation learning: A report on three machine learning contests." International Conference on Neural Information Processing. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2013.
- P. Viola and M. Jones, "Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features," Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. CVPR 2001, Kauai, HI, USA, 2001, pp. I-I.
Copy Right 2017 -These are open access articles distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Copyright © 2015 - All Rights Reserved